On Wednesday, August 25 we woke up in Bellagio in Albergo Giardinetto.
We followed an interesting breakfast ritual here. We bought croissants and fresh-cut cold cuts and thin sliced cheeses in the deli right on Via Garibaldi (MICHELE GILARDONI, Alimentari – Salumeria – Rosticceria, Via Bellosio,1) , but we got our coffee and tea from a coffee shop next door. So it was (1) fast, (2) only 12€ and (3) very stylish.
We started our “Walk around the Suburbs of Bellagio” tour, and we didn’t know, what to expect. Very quickly we crossed the peninsula and discovered some open water on the other side. It was a hot day, so we both took a swim, taking pictures in turns.
|Lake Como in the Morning – View from the Balcony – Albergo Giardinetto||Pescallo – Via Sfondrati – Land of Italy||Pescallo – Salita Al Cappuccini – Dead End|
First village that we reached was Pescallo. Everything is so close together here that one can try to find a hotel in any one of these villages at the very tip of a land mass. Everything is surrounded by gardens and green walls. Tiny passages are everywhere and there are no “No Trespassing” signs. Everything is drowned in flowers and intricate details. Stone buildings are colorful and seemed ancient. No crowds, no lines to the bathroom. It is rural resort life at its best.
There is not much cloud happened on a perfect walking tour like this one. Let the pictures to tell their story. While we were walking and hiding in the shadow of the buildings and trees, we learned that Bellagio is the northern most point in Europe, where olive oil is produced.
|Piazza San Giovanni – Bellagio – Italia||They use 220V and Phillips Screws||Bellagio – Punta Spartivento – 5 pm Swim||Fleur-de-Lis as fly on the wall||Bellagio – Evening Sun Paints Smiles On|
Navigate through the List
- 01 Preparation for the Swiss Trip in August 2010 (2017/07/25)
- 02 August 14-15, 2010: Zurich (2017/07/29)
- 03 August 16-17, 2010: Luzern - Bern - Fribourg (2017/08/02)
- 04 August 18-19, 2010: Fribourg – Montreux (Nabokov) – Geneva (2017/08/06)
- 05 August 20, 2010 - Wake in Switzerland, Eat in France, Sleep in Italy (2017/08/10)
- 06 August 21,2010: It’s a Mountain Time – Rifugio Monzino (2017/08/14)
- 07 August 22, 2010: Genova – Columbus and Paganini (2017/08/18)
- 08 August 23, 2010: Camogli – San Fruttuoso – Portofino and Back (2017/08/22)
- 09 August 24, 2010: From Mediterranean to Lake Como and Bellagio (2017/08/26)
- 10 August 25, 2010: Around Bellagio - Pescallo, Regatola, S. Giovanni (2017/08/30)
- 11 August 26, 2010: Back to Switzerland - Airolo (2017/09/03)
- 12 August 27, 2010: St. Gotthard Pass and Lake Lucendro (2017/09/07)
- 13 August 28, 2010: Seewen - Rapperswil-Jona - Winkel (2017/09/11)
- 14 August 29, 2010: The End - From Zurich to Boston (2017/09/15)